In honor of National Margarita Day, we're sharing one of our favorite spots to enjoy some margaritas, not to mention some killer Mexican food.
If you haven't been to Taco Diner in awhile, you're in for treat because they recently went through a bit of rebranding and have made some additions to the menu!
But before we get to the new food items, here's the rundown on the cocktails.
1. Jalapeno-Agave Margarita - This one is for the daredevils. It's zesty AND spicy! Yep, you heard that right. There is, in fact, jalapenos in this margarita, and it is surprisingly delicious.
2. Taco Diner Margarita - It's served over ice and comes in a fun cocktail shaker. Get this one to share amongst a few friends!
3. Mambo Taxi - Their most popular (and strongest) drink on the menu. Don't be fooled by the frilly look because this one really packs a punch! One or two of these sangria margaritas will definitely have you feeling pretty good.
A few of the new options include:
1. Cotija Crusted Chicken - Chicken breast with cotija cheese crust, lightly fried and topped with poblano peppers, queso fresco and crema Veracruz, with calabasas con crema.
2. Slow cooked brisket and jalapeno cornbread - Jalapeno pepper cornbread topped with slow-cooked brisket and guajillo cream sauce, sliced poblano peppers, crispy onions, queso fresco and cilantro.
3. Guajillo brisket & nopales - Slow-roasted brisket and nopales (a type of cactus!), sliced avocado and crema compuesta on three flour tortillas.
4. Chicken and Waffles Tacos - Waffle battered chicken strips, bacon gravy and real maple syrup on two corn tortillas.
Which one will you try?!
Click here to see the full menu.
We got to try a variety of their dishes and here are our top recommendations!
1. Ceviche de Camaron - Perfect for a warm day, as it is incredibly refreshing and light. Eat it as a meal or share with a few others as an appetizer.
2. Taco Diner Cheeseburger - Now you may be wondering what a cheeseburger is doing on a Mexican food menu, but trust us, Taco Diner really knows how to put together a slamming cheeseburger and fries. Don't be afraid to give it a try even though it seems out of place!
And of course, we can't forget about dessert. Try the Mexican Flan!